|Prerequisites for Module|
None, in addition to SCQF entry requirement or equivalent.
Aims of Module
1) To provide a fundamental understanding of the nature and functions of contract law.
2) To exercise a detailed examination of the constituent principles of contract law.
3) To apply legal principles and precedent to hypothetical problems in contract.
4) To illustrate the interface between common and statute law in the area of contract, as well as investigate the growing influence and activities of the European Union on national contract law.
5) Develop a skills base for further study of law modules which require the knowledge and understanding of contract law.
Learning Outcomes for Module
On completion of this module, students are expected to be able to:
Indicative Module Content
General principles; law of obligations; unjustified enrichment; formation of contract; promise; illegality;
|contract terms: error; interpretation; incorporated and implied terms; unfair contract terms regime; termination; third party rights; breach of contract; remedies |
Indicative Student Workload
Mode of Delivery
This is a lecture and tutorial based module. Lectures provide core module content. Tutorials develop associated higher level skills through student centred learning.
Component 1 - Written coursework exercise worth 30% of the overall module grade.
Component 2- Examination worth 70% of the overall module grade.