IT Training - Self-Learning
Courseware for the Office XP applications, suitable for self-learning, is available here in Word or PDF format :
Online courses (i.e. viewable as web pages), for the MS Office XP applications and some other applications (such as Photoshop), are available here and are very suitable for self learning. The courses range from beginners to advanced level and pdf versions for printing may also be available:
We are increasingly providing alternative means of training on the IT Services Training website and you will find that there are plenty of materials here if you want to start or continue your learning of IT applications at your own pace.
- The link above to Office XP Courseware is to complete courses for the MS Office applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. The materials for these consist of workbooks with sample files. The workbooks contain full explanations and instructions and are ideally suited for self-teaching. To use them, you should print off the workbooks and copy the files from the shared drive to your own area. (See ECDL Courses page for '97 versions or follow the link for Office XP Courseware above for XP versions)
- We also have complete courses, similar to the above, for MS Project and Advanced MS Excel. (The links for these are from the Course Materials page)
- For on-line help systems, have a look at the ECDL SuperHelp materials. We have SuperHelp available for all 7 ECDL Modules, which includes help for the MS Office applications. (See links to SuperHelp, for version 4 and ECDL Help, for version 3) .
- There are now complete course materials for a variety of applications such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash and others. These can be found on our Online courses page - see link above.
- Finally, don't forget the reference guides that go with our tutor-led courses. These are available from our Course Materials page.