Winning of Thales Scottish Technology Prize 2009
Dr Laura Muir, Prof. Ian Richardson and Abharana Bhatt has won the 2nd place in Thales Scottish Technology Prize 2009.
- Dr Sampath Kannangara
- Dr Yafan Zhao
- Dr Laura Muir
- Dr Tony J Mller
- Mr James Philp
- Mr Jayachandra Chilukamari
Our research and development work covers the technology of imaging and communication. We are active in the following areas:
- Image and video compression (coding)
- Compression standards (H.263, MPEG1/2/4, H.264)
- Dynamically configurable video coding
- Low-complexity video coding
- Visual perception and video coding
- Applied visual communications (including video compression for deaf users)
- Transport of compressed multimedia data across networks
- Consultancy and research in areas including video compression, software and hardware architectures and high-performance digital communications.
To find out more about our activities and about research opportunities, please follow the links below or contact us.
Dr Sampath Kannangara
Centre for Video Communications
School of Engineering
The Robert Gordon University
Aberdeen AB10 1FR, UK
Tel +44 1224 262320 / Fax +44 1224 262444